- The application and service known as â€˜LANTISâ€™ (Site) is owned and operated by Silant Comms Pty Ltd (ABN 88 637 530 986) (Silant).
- Silant respects the rights and privacy of all individuals and is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPâ€™s) as well as protecting the personal information that Silant holds.
3.How does Silant collect information?
The information Silant collects may fall into two (2) categories, being:
- personal information you voluntarily supply to Silant to access and use the Site; and
- tracking and technical information Silant collects when you access the Site and as you navigate through and use the Site (for example, by way of cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts).
4. What personal information does Silant collect?
- Silant collects the types of personal information required to assist Silant in providing and operating the Site and otherwise in fulfilling Silantâ€™s functions and activities with respect to your access and use of the Site.
- This includes personal information such as:
- contact and identification details such as your name, date of birth, gender, phone number, email and address;
- financial information such as your bank account details, credit card details or other billing information;
- technical information, tracking data and log data in connection with the Site, which includes, but is not limited to, your device type, operating system information, device identifiers, system performance information, browser type, internet service provider, Internet Protocol address, date/time stamps and aggregate user statistics;
- information to assist our relationship management and market research functions, which may include information relating to your interests, experiences and preferences; and
- any other personal information you provide to Silant.
- Silant endeavours to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. However, in some circumstances Silant may obtain personal information from a third party or check details against records kept by other parties.
5. How does Silant use your personal information and who may Silant disclose it to?
- Silant will use personal information you provide for the primary purposes of:
- the purposes for which it is collected;
- informing you about the Site and improving, personalising and customising your experience on the Site;
- improving Silantâ€™s business and to administer, manage and enhance its services;
- using that information as part of the provision of the Site and fulfilling Silantâ€™s functions and activities with respect to your access and use of the Site; and
- administering Silantâ€™s relationship with you by:
- communicating with you; and
- providing you with information about the Site and Silantâ€™s services that may be of interest to you.
- Silant may use and disclose your personal information for secondary purpose related to the primary purposes set out in paragraph (1).
- Silant may also disclose your personal information to third party service providers who assist Silant in fulfilling its functions and activities with respect to your access and use of the Site. These third party service providers are authorised to use such disclosed personal information only as is necessary to provide services to Silant with respect to the Site.
- Silant may also use and disclose your personal information to governmental or regulatory authorities upon request being made.
- Otherwise, Silant will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless otherwise having obtained your prior consent.
- By submitting your personal information, you consent to Silant using it to:
- provide you with full and proper access and use of the Site and fulfil Silantâ€™s functions and activities with respect to your access use of the Site;
- administer Silantâ€™s relationship with you, including communicating with you with respect to the Site;
- monitor activity on the Site;
- market, improve and add to the Site and Silantâ€™s services;
- allow third party service providers to assist Silant in fulfilling its functions and activities with respect to your access and use of the Site;
- respond to a serious threat to an individualâ€™s life or to public health or safety;
- respond to suspected unlawful activity; or
- where required or authorised by law.
6. Will you receive direct marketing?
- Yes, you authorise Silant to send you promotional messages and materials related to the Site and Silantâ€™s services, unless you submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications.
- Silant direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) allowing you to unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing communications.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from Silant, please submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications or use the unsubscribe facility provided in the most recent marketing communication from Silant or otherwise contact Silant.
7. Will your information be disclosed overseas?
Silant are unlikely to disclose your personal information to any person or entity outside Australia, but Silant will inform you if and when this is necessary.
8. How can you access and correct your personal information?
- You generally have the right to access your personal information free of charge, subject to some limitations contained in the Privacy Act.
- The APPâ€™s set out some circumstances in which Silant is not required to provide you with such access. If you ask for your personal information and any of these circumstances exist, you may be given access to the personal information in a way that is permitted under the Privacy Act.
- To protect personal information held by Silant, you may need to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted. It may take a little time to process your application and access and retrieve information.
- Silant encourages you to update Silant with accurate, current and complete information. You may correct any errors or request that Silant delete all or some of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
9. Can you remain anonymous?
Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself and deal with Silant on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym. However, if you do not provide Silant with required personal information Silant may not be able to provide you with access to and use of the Site.
Silant will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is secured and is not misused, interfered with, altered or otherwise unlawfully accessed.
11. How can you complain about privacy breaches?
If you have a complaint in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer via the details provided at clause 14 below. Silantâ€™s Privacy Officer will review all complaints received and respond to each complainant upon due consideration (which may require you to provide further information).
13. GDPR and UK-GDPR
13.1 Application of the General Data Protection Regulations
13.2 Principles of processing your Personal Data
Silant processes your Personal Data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation and United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation) in accordance with the principles of data processing set out in the GDPR and UK-GDPR including, but not limited to, processing your Personal Data:
- in a manner that is lawful, fair and transparent;
- for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- to the extent that it is adequate, relevant and necessary for the specified legitimate purposes;
- in a manner that maintains the accuracy of the Personal Data;
- for no longer than is necessary;
- in a secure and safe fashion; and
- with accountability.
13.3 Purposes for processing your Personal Data
- In the event that Silant intends to process your Personal Data for any other purpose, Silant will obtain your consent for the processing of your Personal Data for that new purpose or otherwise rely on another lawful basis to process your Personal Data.
13.4 Lawful basis for processing your Personal Data
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time.
- To perform or enter into any contract Silant has with you.
- To comply with a legal obligation to which Silant is subject.
- To protect your vital interests or that of another person.
- Silantâ€™s legitimate interests in providing its services to you.
13.5 Your rights
You may exercise the following rights (if applicable) on the terms permitted by the GDPR or UK-GDPR:
- The right to be informed about information in relation to your Personal Data.
- The right to access your Personal Data.
- The right to rectify inaccurate Personal Data.
- The right to have your Personal Data erased.
- The right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to receive your Personal Data and to have it transmitted to a third party.
- The right to object to your Personal Data being processed.
- The right to object to automated decision making.
13.6 Data breach
- Silant will advise the relevant supervisory authority of a data breach within seventy-two (72) hours of becoming aware, unless the breach is unlikely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
- In the event that the data breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, Silant will also notify you without undue delay.
14. Who can you contact about your personal information?
To contact Silant about your personal information, concerns or complaints, contact Silantâ€™s Privacy Officer at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org